Bravely transform from a new beginner to an established player,
able to play impressive ukulele techniques that are more powerful than a locomotive!
Specifically, each week you’ll learn 3 popular songs:
- One focusing on a new strumming pattern
- One focusing on a new chord picking pattern
- One that features a riff
Support Materials Provided:
- Detailed printable PDF chord charts of each song
- Audio recordings of each song
- Zoom session videos so you can re-watch or catch up.
- Exclusive access to the Super Strummer Facebook Group
You will learn:
- Proper playing techniques
- A better understanding of the structure of the chords you’re playing
- Strumming 101. Sounding good and keeping up
- How to read Ukulele Tabs (a ukulele specific notation method)
- How to pick basic melodic phrases
- An awareness of the individual notes of the fingerboard
Who is your teacher?
Steph Payne (she/her) teaches and arranges music for ukulele ensembles Daisy Chains (chamber ukulele quintet) and Wyndukes (contemporary ukestra). She teaches multiple online classes for players of all levels including UkeTech (music literacy and theory class). Steph is a proud James Hill Ukulele Initiative graduate and is a mentor to current JHUI course participants. She is an AUTLA member and has worked with an exciting selection of ukulele teachers from across the globe. Steph has been teaching in the community music sector for over twenty years. Steph also directs Willin Wimmin women’s choir and is one third of Paisley & Plaid folk trio.
8 Weeks – Mondays 7-8pm AEDT from 2 May to 20 June 2022, online on Zoom.
We offer 3 Pricing Options:
- Regular $160 +b/f – Includes the 8 week course.
- Superhero Package $240 +b/f – Includes the 8 week course and 4 x private 30 minute ukulele lessons with Steph Payne*
* Limited availability! Private ukulele lessons arranged at a time that suits us both. MUST be completed by the end of June 2022.
Bookings close at 5pm on 1 May 2022
- “Thanks Steph, an awesome course that I’m sure I’ll be going back over time and time again” Janine – Facebook 29 March 2022
- “I immensely enjoyed the September sessions, followed by the Super Strummer course, which I got so much out of. I’ve never before been introduced to doing riffs and finger-picking patterns on the Ukulele, along with more complex strums and was amazed by the diverse range of content taught to the group.” Tessa Marshall. January 2022
- “Highly recommended… Steph Payne is an accomplished teacher, arranger, Music Director, instrumentalist and vocalist. It’s well worth turning up just to listen to her sing, but you’d be crazy not to take this opportunity to develop your ukulele skills. Plenty of opportunity here to still achieve something in lockdown while we’re learning to live with COVID.” Garry Wood. 5 September 2021
- “Steph is a fantastic teacher! You will love her classes and be playing in no time.” Marnie Ward. 5 September 2021